Technology in Education- Introduction

In my brief experience as a teacher, I have found several technology integrations that have supported learning in my classroom:  
  1. Xtramath.com - When I taught younger students, it was crucial to our daily math lessons to have a place where they can practice basic math facts outside of the classroom.  When this was practiced successfully, students were focused more on the content being taught than on trying to answer basic multiplication questions.
  2. Microsoft PowerPoint - This technology is a gateway technology in my opinion.  It allows the students to be creative while also giving them a platform to research, organize, and eventually present their topics to a group.  
  3. Typingclub.com - Another technology I have used focuses on the students ability to get ideas into a computer faster.  I have found that the faster students can transfer ideas from their brain to a computer, the better they will be able to communicate their ideas.  If the student is spending their computer time trying to find each letter on the keyboard, they are not able to focus primarily on the content they are transferring to the computer.
Of course, there are other useful technologies, but these are some of the ones I have used with success.

Comments